Well, here we are. The Holidays are behind us, kids are back in school, jobs are in full swing, and hopefully we have fallen back into a new normal routine. Hopefully, two weeks into our new year, you are still just as excited about committing to a year of health and wellness! If, however, you are like the rest of us mere mortals and getting back into routine sent healthy habits to the back burner, NO WORRIES! I have been where you are, and am here for YOU.
A habit of health requires small, incremental changes be made part of your life. Today, I want to fortify you with more practical ways to institute a wellness mindset in your home. Let’s make changes TOGETHER, you are WORTH IT!
A morning routine might be the most important thing you do in a day. A solid morning routine will set you up for success throughout the rest of your day. It will make you feel GREAT and ready to tackle the world. Spend a half an hour a day taking care of yourself and you will optimize your productivity all day long.
I have come up with ten activities for you to accomplish in the morning. They will set you up for success, which is why you should incorporate these practice into your daily routine.
- Make your bed
- Drink a glass of water right when you wake up
- Take a Lemon Juice and a Young Living NingXia Red Shot
- Wash your face and brush your teeth
- Take your Vitamins
- Eat a balanced breakfast
- Exercise or take a little time to move, stretch, foam roll, etc.
- Pamper yourself (use a skin brush, take a bath, or exfoliate with a coffee skin scrub)
- Take three deep breaths
- Find gratitude in your life/journal
Coffee Skin Scrub
A great addition to your morning routine is a shower with a natural, exfoliating scrub. This recipe is clean and invigorating.
- 8 oz. glass jar with lid
- 10 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 5 drops Cypress essential oil
- 1 cup unbrewed ground coffee
- ½ cup olive oil or other oil of your choosing.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix together well.
- Store in a cool dark place.
Apply scrub all over in the shower a few times a week to desired areas such as thighs, belly, and arms, and rinse off. You will not believe! Worried about it going down the drain? Apply a screen over your drain to catch the coffee grounds.