I have dry sensitive skin which is NO FUN! Maybe you do too. Those of us with sensitive skin must be extra careful with what we clean and hydrate with! My face loves this serum and I bet you're face will love it too!
The world is saturated with skincare products laden with synthetic chemicals which is not doing any of us any favors! The desire for a more natural approach to skincare is certainly on the rise.
Essential oils, derived from plants, offer a holistic and rejuvenating alternative.
Following is my personal beauty homemade face serum using a blend of carefully chosen essential oils to brighten, tighten, and support my skin's collagen production.
- 20 drops Frankincense essential oil for brightening
- 12 drops Myrrh essential oil for tightening
- 20 drops Patchouli essential oil to support collagen production
- 10 drops Geranium Bourbon essential oil
- 5 drops Jasmine or Rose essential oil (optional)
- Carrier oil of choice (e.g., jojoba, olive oil etc)
- Prepare Your Workspace:Before you begin, ensure that your workspace is clean and free of contaminants. Clean your container to maintain the purity of your serum.
- Essential Oil Blend:
- Combine 20 drops of Frankincense essential oil for its brightening properties.
- Add 20 drops of Myrrh essential oil for a tightening effect.
- Introduce 20 drops of Patchouli essential oil to support collagen production.
- Incorporate 10 drops of Geranium Bourbon essential oil.
- Optionally, include 5 drops of Jasmine or Rose essential oil for a touch of luxury.
- BUY OILS HERE
- Carrier Oil Mixture:
- Choose a carrier oil, such as jojoba or grapeseed, or create a blend using both.
- The carrier oil acts as a base for the essential oils, ensuring they are diluted and gentle on the skin.
- Mix Thoroughly:
- Combine the essential oils with the carrier oil in a clean, glass container.
- Stir or shake the mixture thoroughly to ensure an even blend of oils.
- Adjust for Sensitivity:
- If you are new to essential oils or have sensitive skin, consider halving the number of essential oil drops for your first batch.
- Prior to applying the serum, cleanse your face using a mint facial scrub to remove impurities and create a clean canvas for the serum.
- Myrrh Handling:
- As Myrrh is a resin, it may solidify and seal the lid. To prevent this, dip the lid in olive oil or a carrier oil after the first use.
Essential oils have been used in beauty regimens for thousands of years. Make certain you use only true, authentic essential oils. There are more fake, synthetics and tanted products on the market than authentic. That's why I use Young Living. I know their standard and their processes. Young Living oils are true authentic, powerful oils that will not disappoint! The oils I chose for this recipe, brighten, tighten, and support collagen production. Free from harmful chemicals, this serum provides a nourishing and revitalizing experience for your skin. Elevate your skincare routine and be amazed!
PS. I wash my face with the Mint Facial Scrub before i apply this glowing serum at night.