THese all-natural and can be easily found in most grocery stores
Have you ever thought about the chemicals and toxins that come in contact with your dishes during the cleaning process? With this easy-to-follow recipe for making your own dishwasher detergent, you can keep your dishes clean and toxin-free with just a few simple ingredients. Personally, it's important for me to keep as many toxins out of my house as possible and on a budget.
HOw to make your own non tox Dishwasher soap
Making your own dishwasher detergent is easy and only takes a few minutes:
1. Gather all your ingredients and get ready to mix them together.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix 1 cup washing soda- 1 cup borax- 1/2 cup powdered citric acid- 1/2 cup Epson or Kosher salt
3. Add 20 drops of one of the Young Living essential oils (Purification, Lemon, or Thieves).
4. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and label it for future use.
6. Use 1-2 tablespoons of the homemade dishwasher detergent in your dishwasher's dispenser and run the dishwasher as usual.
Benefits of Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
Switching to homemade dishwasher detergent has many benefits, including:
- Savings: making your own detergent is much cheaper than buying store-bought detergents.
- Environmentally friendly: using natural ingredients is better for the environment and reduces waste.
- Healthier: avoiding harsh chemicals and toxins is better for your health and the health of your family.
- Customizable: you can adjust the recipe to fit your cleaning needs and preferences.
DiY dishwasher soap saves money
I'm all about low tox products at a great price and this recipe fits both those standards. It's a great way to protect your health, and reduce your impact on the environment and save money!