A few years ago mine started hurting. It was a few days before I was supposed to fly out for a girls trip. I was running fever and feeling terrible! I learned some things FAST! I ended up getting IV vitamins and taking an antibiotic so I could quickly hop on a plain but as soon as I got home, I changed the way I did some things to better support my kidneys..
Your kidneys are essential organs that play a vital role in maintaining overall health. They filter waste and toxins from your blood, regulate blood pressure, balance electrolytes, and produce hormones and more.
Seems over simplified but dehydration can cause much pain! Drink water BEFORE you drink coffee! Most people simply do not drink enough water period. Or if they do they are not absorbing the water. Quantity and absorption are both important. You need about half your body weight in ounces of water to flush out toxins and waste products from your kidneys, reducing the risk of kidney stones and urinary tract infections. Add a pinch of pink salt to your water to aid in absorption.
Follow a Kidney-Friendly Diet
Did you know there is a kidney-friendly diet? It’s simple! Focus on including the following foods in your meals:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: These are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that promote kidney health.
- Whole grains: Opt for whole grains like einkorn, quinoa, and organic whole wheat which are lower in phosphorus than refined grains.
- Lean proteins for kidneys that are taxed: Choose lean sources of protein like fish, skinless poultry, and legumes. Reducing the intake of high-protein foods can ease the workload on your kidneys.
- Healthy fats: Incorporate sources of healthy fats, such as avocados, nuts, and olive oil, to support kidney function.
Manage Blood Pressure
- High blood pressure can strain your kidneys over time, leading to kidney damage. To maintain healthy blood pressure levels, limit your fast food intake, engage in regular exercise, manage stress ( I know, I know. Easier said than done sometimes!!) Drink Ningxia Red daily and check with your health care provider that your pressure is good. You can lower it with a healthy lifestyle but make sure your numbers are good if you struggle.
Control Blood Sugar
Uncontrolled diabetes can damage the kidneys' delicate filtering system. If you have diabetes, it's crucial to manage your blood sugar levels through a combination of eating low carb foods, eliminating simple sugars, regular exercise, Ningxia Red daily! Ningxia is supports all the systems of the body and helps the balance blood sugar. BUY NINGXIA
Quit Smoking and Limit Alcohol
Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption stress the kidneys. Smoking increases the risk of kidney cancer, while alcohol can disrupt the electrolyte balance and cause dehydration. Quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption to protect your kidneys.
You know regular physical activity promotes overall health, including kidney function. Find an active lifestyle that fits your taste and schedule. That may mean simply taking the stairs, parking at the back of the lot, and walking after meals. There’s no reason to complicate it or pay expensive gym fees. Just move your body. Exercise helps control weight, blood pressure, and improves circulation to the kidneys.
Get Enough Sleep
Adequate sleep is crucial for the body's natural healing processes, including kidney function. Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep per night to support overall health, reduce stress, and enhance kidney function. I have a sleep class full of information to help you sleep more naturally: Sleep Naturally
You can strengthen your kidneys and reduce the risk of kidney diseases by adopting a kidney-friendly lifestyle that includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and healthy habits. You've got this!!
Buy SUPPLEMENTS and get 10% off! (First order)BUY NINGXIA
My favorite kidney supplements:
K & B: Stands for Kidney and Bladder. Best supplement I’ve found to support the kidneys and bladder!
Recipe/Diuretic: to increase Urine Flow
Put Young Living vitality oils in capsules:
Ledum, rosemary, tangerine, clove, juniper, fennel, grapefruit
Lemongrass with juniper, fennel, rosemary, geranium or marjoram.
BUY OILS through this link and I'll add you to my private educational group.